The decadent chocolate cookies are perfect for snuggling up with some tea and a book! I know I’ll be doing that once I’m done here 🙂
Just a warning, these cookies tend to spread out a bit more than you might expect, so put less rather than more on a single sheet. When I did it, it made 18 cookies so I used two cookie sheets, 9 on each, and it worked perfectly.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into a bowl of granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with the back of a glass that has been dipped in sugar. Sprinkle a little additional sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.