These amazing mint creams are perfect for gifts! They look festive and they taste amazing!
I got this recipe from the very first cookbook I ever received. I would like to thank my incredible Nana for giving me this book and starting me down the path of creating delectable treats! I just looked at the inscription on the front cover, and it turns out she gave me this eight years ago! We have photos of six year old me making these exact creams and having a blast! Here I am, eight years later, still loving them. 🙂 Thanks Nana! ❤
The original recipe says to sift the powered sugar, but it does pretty much nothing, so I altered the recipe a bit. And sifting is an obnoxious thing to do and it makes no difference what so ever for this recipe, so don’t bother.
1 egg white
3 cups powdered sugar
3 drops of peppermint essence
2 drops green food coloring (I used more to make them a darker green, and other colors work really well too!)
4 oz semisweet chocolate
1. Whisk the egg until frothy.
2. Mix in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
3. Add peppermint essence and coloring and mix well.
4. Roll out teaspoon sized balls with your hands and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Flatten each ball with a fork to form flat discs.
6. Place in the fridge for one hour until firm.
7. Put the chocolate pieces in the microwave until melted. Stir until smooth.
8. Dip each cream into the chocolate until half covered. Place creams back on parchment paper to set.
9. Store in the fridge until needed.
Source: Let’s Cook! by Pamela Gwyther